{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 24 November 2017

Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration Post - Friday 24 November 2017

 Here is my weekly inspiration post for the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog. 

Before I do I'd like to remind you that our challenge this month is "CHRISTMAS".

This week the Design Team were challenged to "anything goes".

Here is my inspiration post with this image.
  My project this week is a mixed media project.  I decided to decorate an old coffee tin.  I used some white gesso as a base coat and then I used my Imagination Crafts Starlight Metallic Blue Paint to paint a couple of coats onto the tin.

I have used the Ching-Chou Kuik image called "Autumn Sea" (this comes in a set along with the images Intense red, Jewellery Keeper, Flowing Crimson and Sunset Jasmine) and I have coloured her in with my Promarkers and used my Pan Pastels (blue and yellow), Pan Pastel blender and Pan Pastel Coarse Medium for the background for some sparkle and shine.
I have finished the decorated tin off with some washi tape at the top and bottom, twine and shells.

As you can see from this second photo this decorated pot lives on my craft desk and has my started pots of glue standing in it with the tops downwards to avoid the post of glue drying out.

Promarkers used:

Face/arms/body - Saffron, Oatmeal, Spice and Turquoise
Hair - Khaki, Sandstone and Satin
Top - Marine, Turquoise and Duck Egg
Mermaid tail - Marine, Turquoise, Duck Egg, Fuchsia Pink and Pink Carnation
Moon - Vanilla and Ivory
Greenery - Bright Green
Shells/sand - Sandstone, Tan, Khaki, Mustard, Sunflower and Tulip Yellow.

I am entering this project into the following challenges: 

Lil  Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Photo inspiration
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
CRAFT - Not a card

11 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Fabulous creation Kym! Love it. This idea is fabulous! Very creative! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week
Jo

@d_e_crafts said...

Looks great! Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge.

GalFridayStamping said...

What a lovely creation! Very pretty image. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Great project! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.
Monika

Kaija said...

Gorgeous work!!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija DT-member

EdenLand Designs said...

Kym, this is fabulous!! You've made a gorgeous addition to your craft desk with this <3 I wish I would remember to store my glue this way!! Perhaps you've given me an idea :) Thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT this week!
Susan DT

Aunty Sue said...

brilliant Kym and thanks for sharing at Craft again this week good luck

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous up cycled creation! Wonderful coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Hester said...

This is so beautiful
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kym
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator