{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Lemon Shortbread Challenge - Tuesday 26 September 2017 - Anything goes

Here is my second creation for the Lemon Shortbread Design Team.

The theme is "anything goes".

I love making pages for project books but the bought one can become too full with not many creations made ie if they have a good depth to them.  Instead of buying a book I have made my own with some cardboard covers (ready to be decorated), watercolour card pages (if I decided to do lots of inking or waterclouring for backgrounds), basic white card (if I am going to attach normal matting and layering to it) and finally held together with large book rings.  I'm not sure how many pages I will get in it but it will be certainly more than the bought book and it will be easier to take pages in/out for decorating.

For my creation I have used the Lemon Shortbread image called "Bat Flapper Girl".  I have coloured the image in the image with Promarkers and used chalks/Pan Pastels to get a moody background for the image.  I have always used the colour combo for skin of Blush, Sunkissed Pink and Coral.  Now all of a sudeen I've got addicted to the colour scheme Saffron, Spice and Oatmeal.  Strange how we change our colour favourites eh?

The purple backing paper is from Summertime Designs and the black card is from my stash.

On the purple paper I have used my Clearly Besotted Halloween stamps and used the bat image and then stamped on the image "batty for you" which came in the set as well.  I have finished the page off with two different ribbons, black lace, brads and die-cut bats.

I am entering project book page into the following challenges:

World Wide Design Team Open Challenge - Anything goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything goes
Penny's Paper - Anything goes
Little Miss Muffet - Anything goes
CRAFT - Autumn/Halloween/Thanksgiving
Crafting with Friends - Anything goes
Colour Crazy - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything goes
Allsorts - Things with wings (bats)
We Love to Create - Anything creative/mixed media goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything goes with the option of orange and brown
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes

16 comments:

Hema said...

Hi Kym......lovely card and loved the combo too!! Great! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD - blog Challenge

Hema - DT@ TTCRD Blog
http://ttcrd.blogspot.in/

Heather said...

Very cute!! I LOVE the addition of the black lace. Something simple, but it adds such elegance! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers My Blog As I do Rodos

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is very beautiful. Love the lace affect and the colours. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



Kaija said...

Very beautiful!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

MagsB said...

What an awesome page, Kym! Ilove the bats and lace - very Goth! Thanks for listing your new skin colour combo, my Blush and Coral have just run out, so I'll be experimenting with Saffron, Spice and Oatmeal!

And thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge, too! (We have a DT Call at the moment, check out the blog!)

love Mags B x

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week. Please also have a look at our DT call and consider applying for the position of DT member, we are a friendly bunch.
Jo

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing your skin color recipes!! Your card is great & I just love the back lace with bats!! Great design! Thanks for joining in the fun at PIP Challenges :)

Julie Odil said...

Great card and design. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. Love the lace you added. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moment.

Marjeta

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers this fortnight.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card Kym, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

Wanda said...

Fantastic card, love the added lace! Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Love it! what a great touch you give it with the lace and the bats on top. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles Anything goes Craft challenge. https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2017/09/wk38-anything-goes-craft-challenge-at.html

Hester said...

Fabulous make! Gorgeous image and perfect ribbon and lace and paper!
Thank you for joining us at Coulour Crazy Craft! Hester

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kym
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator