{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Happy 50th Birthday

 It was a colleague's 50th birthday recently.  Well if a 50th birthday doesn't mean a nice posh card in a box what does?
 My colleague loves cats so I knew which CD of mine to go straight to.  I picked my Joanna Sheen Furry Friends CD (sadly no longer available on Joanna Sheen's website) and printed the toppers out a few times so I could decoupage and I used backing papers (the pink striped and the grey textured) from the CD.
To finish decorating the card I used the grey paper and cut out "50" and "today", ribbon, button, charm, twine, glass cat bead and gems.

I made up the box and decorated it on the outside with the few cat stamps I had.  Once I made up the box I stamped the same images onto tissue paper for the card to sit on in the box.

My colleague really appreciated all the time and effort I put into making her card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper September Challenge - Anything goes
Unicorn Challenge - Birthday
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy Kim! I see your are still doing beautiful work! This is amazing and I hope she was thrilled to receive such an awesome card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again at our next challenge.
Regards,
Aletha Jane
TTCRD DT
AJ’s Designs {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, Kym. SO sweet and creative. Thank you for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by again soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Helen said...

Great card and box - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Hope to see you back again in October.

Helen x