Over at the Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook Group this week Bonnie (Design Team Leader) is holding a "Technique Week" whereby Design Team members show different techniques throughout the week.
I decided to show various techniques with one embossing folder. It's easy just to emboss a piece of card and used it in our cards/creations but you can do so much more with embossing folders.
In this first set of images you can see:
- in the first photo I have used distress markers used to colour the folder before embossing
- in the second photo I embossed a piece of card, scribbled different shades of yellow/green Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers onto a glass, spritzed, swished the card around in it, left to dry and then I sanded back a bit.
- In the third photo I rubbed over Tim Holtz's Squeezed Lemonade distress ink before I embossed the piece of card.
In this second set of images you can see:
- I have embossed the card but on the debossed side I have coloured the image in with alcohol pens
- I have embossed the card, inked over with Tim Holtz's Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Shabby Shutters distress inks, spritzed and then sprinkled over mica powder for sparkle and shine.
- I have embossed the card and then I have coloured the image in with Pan Pastels.
Isn't it amazing how differently the embossing looks using different techniques?