{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 19 January 2015

Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog - Kym's Inspiration Post - Monday 19 January 2015

It is Monday and therefore time for me to show you an inspiration post for the Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog.
For my third and final inspiration post for January 2015 I decided to make a mixed media project using a plain MDF photograph frame that I got in Michaels when I went to the USA last October.
For my altered frame I have used the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamp called "Peony" and coloured it in with my Graph'it pens.  For the background of the image I coloured with a blue Graph'it pen and then used a little dotty stamp and stamped with a white chalk ink pad.  I then put a splodge of Stickles glitter glue on my tile and then pressed the dotty stamp into it to give me sparkly dots.
Next came the work on the frame.  I painted the whole frame with white gesso and whilst it was still wet I laid in some lightweight mesh to give some texture.  Once dry I inked over with Tim Holtz's Dusty Concord distress ink.  Next I used a piece of an ink blending mat that I cut into an A6 size piece.  I then used my Big Bite hole punch in the large and small holes to make a dotty effect all over the piece of blending mat.  I then used a piece of sponge and inked through these holes with some purple acrylic paint making a random dotty effect on the frame.  I then cut the image to size and put into the frame with a piece of acetate to protect the image (as the frame didn't come with a glass cover).

I then used my new "toy" for Christmas - my third glue gun.  I've killed off two glue guns, not for overwork but just because they stop working so I hope this one last longer.  This time I've gone for a well known DIY brand so fingers crossed.  I love it's fine point and easy handle to pull to expel the glue.  With my dodgy hands I have struggled with my previous two but this one is so easy to use I have had it out more since Christmas than I ever did with my other ones and I am using it to adhere things I'd normally have just used my Pinflair/Collall 3D glue gel for!!  I used the glue gun to adhere the strings of pearls around the inside and outside of the frame, all the flowers, spiral stamens, faux glass embellishment and pearls.

I hope you like my altered photo frame.

The flowers/stamens I have used are as follows:  25mm Cosmo Daisies25mm Cherry Blossoms and lilac spiral stamens all from Buckwell Craft Supplies.

I am entering this altered frame into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper Challenge - Anything goes
Fab n Funky - Something new (adding some lightweight mesh to the gesso to add some texture and making my own dotty background stencil)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Anything goes and option of a sketch
4 Crafty Chicks - Flowers
CCC Digi Creations - Digi/flowers
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes or option to use a Winnie the Pooh quote
Polkadoodles - Case it (well my decorated photo frame is inspired by a member of the Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook Design Team, Fernanda, who makes the occasional card but her main love/passion is mixed media.  Here is one example of her work and another (this one gave me the inspiration to use my string of pearls which I have had for years and years).  I have therefore taken my inspiration from some of the creations she's done to get colour and texture into my creation.  I hope she agrees!!)
Not Just Cards - Anything goes
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Kym just love this gorgeous and beautiful and just love the image and fabulous colour's you have used
Dianne xx :)

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Kym, love the pretty image and pearl embellishments. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Lozzy said...

Absolutely stunning Kym, love everything..Hugs Lozzy xx

Unknown said...

I especially like the color, the pearls and all the embellishments. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

Rene said...

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene :D

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card, Kym! I love the colors and all those pretty flowers! :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week

Michelle said...

Wow this is fantatich.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Michelle (DT)

Darlene said...

WOW this is gorgeous Kym! Purple is my favorite color so this creation really speaks to me! BEAUTIFUL coloring/design!
Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Creates! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
Darlene
613 Avenue Create DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Laurian said...

Beautiful project!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Helen said...

Beautiful - such a striking design.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Helen x

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Hope to see your art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Tindaloo said...

Gorgeous project and lovely colored image! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

starcyl said...

Lovely card Kym, thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this time.

Jenny
Polkadoodles DT

Lou Sims said...

Stunning with beautiful colours. Many thanks for joining the Polka Doodles "CASE It" challenge. Lou (Senior DT)

Scrappy Scatty said...

How lovely
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles hope to see you again soon xx

Peanut said...

Oh what a fabulous creation, Kym! Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles’ .
hugs, Asha (DT)