{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 26 October 2014

Glitter, glitter everywere!!!

Over at the I love Promarkers Challenge Blog the topic this week is "no patterned papers".
I had some lovely white wide net from Buckwell Crafts Supplies and since I got I knew what I wanted to try out again so this challenge prompted me to do it.

I cut a piece of card and cut a piece of double-sided sticky paper and adhered one side to the card.  I then removed the top layer and cut a piece of the white wide net and placed on top.  Next I poured over some silver glitter and used the top layer of the sticky paper to push the glitter in well.  I removed the excess and tapped for a while to remove any more glitter.  I then removed the piece of netting (which of course can be used for more projects) and then poured over some fine white glitter and again pushed it in well and then removed the excess.  What you are left with is a lovely glittery piece of card and sparkly glitter around your work area if you are anything like me!!

The image that I have used for my card is called "Ashleigh" and is from Crafter's Companion Scruffy Little Cat series.  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers and inked around the edge with Tim Holtz's Milled Lavender distress ink.

I have just done some simple matting and layering with lilac and silver card and finished the card off with a Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiment and some gems.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

I Love Promarkers - No patterned papers
Digi Choosday - Birthdays
The Stamping Chef - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything goes
Scribble and Scrap Challenge - Anything goes

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Your shopping lady is looking very stylish! Love the beautiful background you created, and the coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for propping this against our front door at 613 Avenue Create!

Gertrude said...

Wunderschöne Karte
glg Gertrude

Alyx said...

This is lovely, Kym. Fab image and love that net.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

I have a blog candy with a £50 voucher to win if you are interested.
http://lexiesblogstardate.blogspot.co.uk

Tina Chianna said...

such a fabulous card, the white netting looks so subtle yet amazing and I love the colour tones of the image, beautifully done. Thank you so much for entering The Stamping Chef challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous image and fabulously set xx Thank you for joining us at http://thestampingchef.com/Challenges/
Sandie (The Stamping Chef DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

cass said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Artesania said...

Wow a beautiful card ,fabulous colouring ,thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week!
Hugs Gudrun

Vannessa said...

Great card and lovely colouring. Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef Challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
TSC DT

coops said...

so gorgeous kym.fab pretty colours and design and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Eve's Been Reading said...

Great card, thanks so much for joining in with the current challenge theme of 'Birthday's' at Digi Choosday! Yvonne (DT Team Leader)