{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 7 September 2013

Four More Pages of my Sweet Pea Stamps Scrapbook

Not many more pages to go after these four.  Think I've got three more to go so hopefully in a week or so the scrapbook will be on its way to its new owner!!

I have really struggled with these pages as I need to keep them quite flat to keep the thickness of the scrapbook down.  I did rebel on one of the pages though but the die-cut flowers squash down quite well - well that's the excuse I'm sticking to!!!
 This is one of the first images I got from Sweet Pea Stamps by Karen Middleton.  It is called "Magenta Rose".  She is available as a digital stamp ($3.00) and a single rubber stamp (at the moment it is on offer at $4.09 instead of $5.99).  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers/Flexmarkers and highlighted areas with some sparkly pearlescent chalks.  The backing papers I was given.  I have finished the page off with a pink doily, flowers, brads and pearls.
 This second page has been made using the Lisa Victoria image called "Rain Dragon".  The image is available as a digital stamp, a single rubber stamp or part of a multi-image plate (Sheet 1, Plate 39 - Rain Dargon comes on the multi-image plate with Baby Sweet Dreams, Dragon Luck and Storytime).  I have always liked this image as I thought it good for a get well card/to cheer someone up who is feeling under the weather.  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers and highlighted the water drops with my Sakura Stardust clear pen.  Again the papers I was given.  I have mounted the image on a Spellbinders Grande die-cut which a friend cut for me.  I have finished the page with some seam binding ribbon, some flowers which I have had for 2-3 years and some brads.
 Here is a fun page I've made with a Karen Middleton image called "Surfer Boy".  I just love this image - especially the little lad's hair!!!  This image is available as a digital stamp and a single rubber stamp.  I have coloured in with my Promarkers and used my Sakura Stardust clear pen for the water drops.  The backing papers are from Summertime Designs.  The blue dotty paper I have torn with a tearing ruler to look like waves.  I have finished this page off with a die-cut sentiment (I wasn't keen on the words the other side so I have turned it upside down to stick my peel-off letters onto) and gems. 
My fourth page is using an Elisabeth Bell image called "Twinkle Toes Series "Teeny Tiny"" and is available as a rubber stamp only at Sweet Pea Stamps.  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers. The inspiration for the background around the fairy/toadstool came from the very talented Kate from the Sweet Pea Stamps Design.  She did a wonderful tutorial back in June 2013 showing how to do this dotty background.  Pop on over here to watch the tutorial - you won't be disappointed.  Kate did the tutorial using Copics.  I struggle with the lids of Copics so use Promarkers but do have a few Flexmarkers.  My background hasn't come out as diffused as Kate's but I still like it.  I have inked around the edge with Tim Holtz's Shabby Shutters distress ink.  The backing papers I was given.  I have finished the page off with a Marianne Designs die-cut with Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium spread over it (yes I did do it with my fingers - I don't do messy!!), die-cut flowers inked with Tim Holtz's Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed distress ink, brads, gems and dotty ribbon.

I am entering these pages into the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Do you believe in fairies (4th scrapbook page has been entered into this challenge)
Simon Says - Animal antics (2nd scrapbook page entered into this challenge)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Brown Sugar - Animals
Graph It - Background effects (4th page entered into this challenge - using the dotty technique with six coloured Flexmarkers and the Blender Pen)
Card Crafter's Circle - Portrait of a woman (1st scrapbook page entered this challenge)
Bloggers Challenge - To die for (2nd and 4th pages entered into this challenge)

9 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely pages Kym

Anne said...

Wow Kym these are awesome! Hugs x

Laura Sterckx said...

Lovely scrapbook page! I love the little cute dragon and the flowers! The ribbon and patterned paper match together beautifully! :)

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Laura

cass said...

Wondeful scrapbooks pages, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Bonnie Irvine said...

All of the pages are wonderful and so varied which shows how creative you are. I love the fairy in the last page. She's beautiful and looks right at home with those pretty backgrounds. I really like the book page flowers and the spotty ribbon as well. Thanks for joining our Do You Believe in Fairies challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

~ginny said...

Ambitious project Kym! The fairy page is very nice indeed! I love the flowers- even if they are going to make the book fatter! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Do you believe in Fairies?” Challenge at Craft Your Passion!
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passion
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

katslittlepassion said...

what a nice card with the fairy! she's so cute!
Thanks for participating in CYP challenge!

Kat
Craft Your Passion DT

Jennifer said...

Such a lovely lady, and I love the softness you've given her! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

karen said...

FAbulous work, thanks for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge, Karenx