{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 4 March 2013

Cards for Children

Over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog it is time for another challenge.  The topic they have is "Double Trouble" and the ever so talented heather is offering a free image if you e-mail her and use the image for the challenge.  I asked for the image and here are two cards I've made with it.
Both cards I have coloured with my Promarkers.  I can't thank Letraset enough for them releasing their new colour chart.  In the past I did struggle find matching colours as the colours didn't really correspond with the colours on the pens.  Now I have sorted my pens as per the chart and find I can easily find colours to blend together.  For the two cards I have used different shades of green.  The ground has been made with Tim Holtz's Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint distress markers and a See D's dotty stamp.  I have used my Pan Pastels for the background.  The papers I was given.  The top card has been finished off with some twine, Card Candi and Craftwork Cards sentiment.  The bottom card has been finished off with some raffia ribbon, Card Candi and Craftwork Cards sentiment.

I am entering these cards into the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter - Animal magic
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthdays
Di's Digi Designs - All about children
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything goes
Lacy Sunshine - Double trouble
The Ribbon Gilr - Add ribbon or twine
One Stitch at a Time - Green 
Pile it On - Happy birthday
Pause Dream Enjoy - For the boys
Cards for Men - Monochrome

14 comments:

Andree said...

Both fabulous cards Kym. Your colouring and the papers are wonderful x

Marie-Louise said...

What marvellous kid's cards.

Karen C said...

What fun papers and such a cute image! Love this!! So glad you joined us at One Stitch At A Time's 'green' challenge this week!
I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
Hugs,
Karen C

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards Kym

Alyx said...

Great cards Kym. This is such a great digi to colour and you've done a brilliant job. Any kid would love these cards.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Meredith said...

Love them both Kym!!.. I need to colour this digi up as my boy is a huge dinosaur freak!!...lol..
Meredith
xxx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card I love your colouring and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are both stunning Kym! I love the different shades of green and beautiful papers.

Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Paper Panda said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine.
Mandy x (Lacy Sunshine Creative Team

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow totally love the coloring. That sky is really fabulous and wonderful layout for both cards.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Migdalia said...

Both cards are TOTALLY Cute!
Thanks for joining us at PDE "Boys" Challenge!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
PDE DT

Michelle B. said...

Perfect birthday card for boys! Fab layout and love how you've placed the candy - too fun! So glad you joined us for our Monochrome challenge at Cards for Men!

Craftdee Donna said...

Great cards for the Child(ren)'s challenge at Di's Digi Designs
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Kym. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x