{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 23 February 2013

My Time to Craft - Guest Design Team Card - 23 February 2013

Today sees my last card as Guest Design Team Member for My Time to Craft.  I want to thank everyone on the Design Team for having me.  The challenge topic for this week is "song or film inspired".
My song or film inspired was "Lady in Red" by Chris du Burgh.  When my husband and I were going out "our song" was Missing You by Chris du Burgh as we worked many miles apart and because we were both chefs we didn't get much time together.  This was the first song played at our evening wedding reception and we had to dance to on our own - yikes!!  I've always liked one of Chris' other songs "Lady in Red" and this image make me think of that.

Some of the images I have used are from a Debbi Moore's magazine but others are from the Debbi Moore My Fair Lady CD.  I think this is one of my all time favourite Debbi Moore CDs even though it gives me a lot of trouble (for some reason when I send to print I get lines all over the images/papers and although I've installed new printer drivers and had help from Debbi's Team (and also other Teams as it's not just Debbi's CDs) I have to snapshot the page, take into Irfanview and then print from there and it's fine - so for some reason these kind of CDs don't like my printer and I can't afford another one so it's just one thing I have to put up with).
The card was for a 50th birthday but I kept a large hint about the lady's age for the inside.  I used my Cricut to cut the "50" and "today" and used a Creative Expressions scroll stamp to fill the letters and numbers.
The card has been finished off with gems, pearls, cherry blossom flowers, strands of pearls, pearl flower embellishments, lace, ribbon, personalised insert and sentiment off the computer.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's - Flower and pearls
Dream Valley - Ribbon and bling
Sentimental Sundays - Lace and pearls and sentiment
Incy Wincy - Pop it up
Stamp + Fun = Creativity - Lace
Songbird Challenge - Sixteen going on seventeen (age cards)
Inky Chicks - Mother's Day or birthday
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Inspire me Friday - Anything goes

11 comments:

Chris said...

It's a beautiful card, inspired by a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing it with us at Songbirds Challenge.
Chris
x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Kym. Thanks for sharing another great card with us this week. It's always a blessing to have you stop by and share your art with us!
Blessings,
karen
Word Art Wednesday

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

gorgeous! love the reds and a huge congrats on your guest spot! :)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

awesome girl!

Julie M said...

Pretty and elegant card, Kym.

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

Julie :o)

ScrappyAndrea said...

This is a really pretty card!
Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
Hugs Andrea

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love all the reds and embellishments
Thanks for playing at Incy Wincy Pop It Up

Trudy
Guest DT

Rachel said...

Ah, fab card. I love this song, it was one of my Dad's favourites.

Wedgie xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

I just wanted to say thank you so much for joining us as GDT for the last month. All your cards have been stunning!
Thanks again hun
hugs shell xx

Unknown said...

Great card with a brilliantly inspired theme. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley x

Mina said...

beautifully elegant card Kym...love the design...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly Challenge
Mina xxx