{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 24 June 2012

Leaving Work to have a Baby Card

 
 I recently had to make a card for someone at work who was leaving to have a baby.  I made an A4 style book as I needed to take it around lots of departments.  The images are all from my Kraftyhands Bouncing Babies CD.  It was hard to choose which images to use so I used lots of them.  As the soon-to-be mum doesn't know whether they are having a baby boy or girl I took all the images I wanted to use into My Craft Studio and changed all of them to yellow - a safe colour.
 
 
 
The last page I added a verse (but I have used the eraser tool to omit where she works for the purpose of my blog!!).  I used various fibres and ribbons down the spine of the card.  They certainly weren't easy to get through the small hole but I got there in the end.  The front of the card I added some metal baby feet charms I have had forever and forever.  The flowers I die-cut from a book and inked them with Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink pad and just did a bare touch of the edges with Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade distress ink pad.  The flowers are finished off with yellow flower buttons to the centre which I took the shank off.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Unstampbelles - Ribbon
Ooh-la-la-Creations - Baby, baby
Crafty Sentiments - Bright colours
Ribbon Carousel - Use metal hardware
Crafty Creations - Baby, baby
Southern Girls - Oh baby, baby
2 Sisters - Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss - Something yellow

15 comments:

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Kym. I love the design with all those cute images and a super verse too

Sue

Siv said...

Cute project! Fun with a lot of pages!
Thanks for joining the Southern Girls' baby challenge!
Hugs Siv

Lynn's Place said...

Awesome card thanks for joining us at Clear it out Tuesday challenge...hope to cya again real soon

cheryl said...

oh gosh this is just so so super cute hun and really beautiful colours hugs Cherylxxxx

Susan Hogan said...

What a fabulous idea Kym and one that will be cherished I have no doubt. Thanks for entering it at the Unstampabelles ribbon challenge this month!

Shelby said...

What a sweet and thoughtful card. Love all of those yellows you've used. Beautiful work

Shelby

Merry said...

Wonderful Kym...you certainly have the ribbon part of our challenge covered. Thanks so much for joining us at Unstampabelles.

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Kym, love your card and that sentiment is just gorgeous, the whole design of it is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Gem said...

lovely bright colours! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Crafty Sentiments this week! Gemma :)

Lisa Jane said...

Fab bright colours - love your project
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

CathyC said...

What a lovely keepsake for the mum-to-be ;-) thanks for joining in UnstampaBelles challenge this month

Michelle J M said...

This is such a brilliant idea, fabulous creation! I am having a real hardtime trying to open your blog. I have tried to leave a comment for you since Sunday after seeing it in my reading list. Michelle x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Kym this is adorable! I love the beautiful yellows and the cute images. Such a beautiful sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us over at Southern Girls Challenge aswell :)

Kezzy said...

Gorgeous baby card, love the idea of the pages and turning it all yellow.Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kerry x

Julie Wilson said...

This is a pretty card Kym. Thank you for entering the Southern Girls Challenge. Hugs xxx