{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 7 May 2012

Seaside Card

A card challenge this month was to use a photo in your card.  I decided to use a recent picture taken of our week-end to Mablethorpe in April 2012.  I took the photo into Craft Artist Professional.  I then added a paper from Joanna Sheen's Faye Whittaker CD of the gorgeous boats and sea.  I then added a frame around the photo from a Daisy Trail free kit, along with a lighthouse and shells.  I then printed off and cut out a decoupage sheet from the Joanna Sheen Faye Whittaker CD.  I didn't use all the layers as I didn't need the main image with the background so that can be used for another card.  I did some simple matting and layering.  The card has been finished off with some ribbon, personalised insert from the CD and some gorgeous tiny shells.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Anything goes
Unique Crafters Monthly - Ribbons and fibres
Card making Mamas - Spring photo
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Ribbon and bows
2 Sisters - Anything goes
Inspire me Friday - Anything goes
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Use something real or natural - I've chosen tiny little shells
Cupcake Inspiration - Photo inspiration
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Decoupage
Cupcake Craft - Ooh-la-la - I've gone for mainly using red, white and blue
Paper Pretties Monday - Use ribbon

13 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

Susan x

Diane Noble said...

Kym, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Your card is adorable. Since I live in the heart of America, I always love see seashore cards. This one is so precious and sweet.

cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is one,brilliant card love the image and that layout is just perfect hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Tina said...

sweet card, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Angie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

NancyD said...

Love it! Great images and layout. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges this week. NancyD

Louise said...

Super cute card Kym,thanks for joining us at Cupcake craft this week and good luck.
Hugs Louise xx

Faye said...

Kym this has such a lovely nostalgic feel and the colour combo works really well with the seaside theme. Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. xx

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kym,what a beautiful card. The image you used is so precious. I love the picture of the shore, it looks like a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for joining us htis week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.
Blessings,
Michelle

Penny said...

Thanks for playing with the Card Makin Mamas challenge

Copse said...

Ohh the image is adoreable, love the JS CD's thanks for joining us at SSDS this week. Kaz

Katie Butler said...

Very sweet card. Reminds me of our last trip to Cape Cod.