{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 30 April 2011

Another Commissioned Birthday Card

Now you will know why I've been a little quiet of late as I had these two cards to put my thinking cap on for - the one posted yesterday and the one posted today.  They both had to be big enough for 30-40 people to sign - yikes!!!
  
  
   
   
   
For this card I turned to Debbi Moore's Venetian CDs and decided to make a book-style card and also it's matching box.  Yet again I made up the box and worked out the size I could go for the card.  Unfortunately this meant the toppers wouldn't fit on so I had to reduce them in the size.  The one printed off didn't go to waste as I put it on the inside of the box after I printed off a backing paper from the CD to the other side of the card.  This card involved lots and lots of matting and layering, using a green backing paper from the CD and a plain brown polished stone backing paper from Crafty Ann's Digi Store.  I reduced the size of some other toppers and used the snapshot tool for the bottom layer of the pyromage so that I could put a topper on each page to avoid the pages looking bare.  As per the norm I lost count on how many pieces of paper/card I distressed the edges with ink.  It's something I started when I made cards for the TV and I kept going.  The card is finished off with lots of flowers, leaves, sentiment and verse off the computer, die-cuts (including one embossed in a vine embossing folder), gems, Stickles glitter glue, ribbon and tissue paper stamped with an Artylicious stamp.

This card and matching box I am entering into the following challenges:

Sparkles Forum - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Show us your layers
Moving Along with the Times - Anything goes
Papercrafting Journey - Bling
Ai Factory - Anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything goes
Inspire me Friday - Anything goes
Mami Doodles - Let's get girly
Stamptacular Sunday - At least 5 layers
Scrap-creations - Flowers
My Mum's Craft Shop - Flowers
Scrapbook Sisters - Distress
Delightful Sketches - Distressing
4 Crafty Chicks - Distressing
Craft us Crazy - Moms and/or flowers
Totally Papercrafts - Glitter
Paper Cutz - Anything goes

20 comments:

jojoscraps said...

Hi Kym
These are stunning pieces. Your colors and coloring are beautifull and I love the design. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges. I hope you'll join us again soon!
Jo xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a beautiful card - so pretty and a great design
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

pinky said...

You are busy Kym and no wonder, this is another stunning creation. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

tootsie said...

That's a lot of signing space! Your card looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at PCJ.

Hugs,
Wendy

Kitty said...

Lovely card hun, so pretty!

Kitty xx

jackiescrafts said...

Another fabbie card with plenty of space for lots of signatures
Thanks for joining in again at SFC

Jackie x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous book card and box Kym, I love the images and layout.
Thanks for playing with us at MAWTT this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

cheryl said...

oh these are just fab hun,love the images and great layouts too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the colorchoise and very pretty images you used. Thanks for joining at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Huts Marianne

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Kym, Ah this is super and just right for us on MAWTT this week, thanks for playing, Hazelxoxo

Peggy said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Unknown said...

wow this is stunning hun. I love all the little details!! Thanks for playing at MMCS XX

Leanne said...

Thanks so much for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

cebelica said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at MMCS challenges this week!

Unknown said...

No one can complain they didn't get enough space to sign!!
Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at PCJ
Zahreen
xxx

michele said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

having a {me} day said...

Such beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

Sam Healey said...

This is a beautiful card. Just love these Venetian images. Thanks for joining us at Craft US Crazy this week
xxx

scrapn_momof2 said...

These are just gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us this challenge over at CRAFT US CRAZY.

Anonymous said...

What a great card. I love the image and your coloring is fantastic. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at PCJ.

Hugs

Cindy