{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 9 December 2010

Stampboard Christmas Card

Well this card and the previous one should have been posted last night but I felt awful.  I came downstairs at 5.00am this morning and sat watching TV, counting down the minutes until 9.00am to call the emergency dentist as I was almost certain it was a problem with a tooth.  Thankfully as I was in pain I was told to go straight along so hubby took me as it was his day off today.  I have a capped tooth that has failed (but I've had it about 18-20 years), root canal needs taking out BUT nothing can be done as there's a lot of infection and therefore I'm on antibiotics. He couldn't start any work today as infection lowers the usefulness of an anaesthetic and as I barely allowed him to touch my mouth anything further was a no-no.  Got to go back next Wednesday afternoon for an hour long appointment to have the capped tooth taken off, root canal taken out, dressing to go in and then a temporary cap until the "proper" cap is made and when the infection has gone.  The pain and discomfort I've got brings back memories of a Christmas Day 7-8 years ago when I could barely move my head and ended up at an emergency dentist on Boxing Day having an abscess drained.  Thankfully this has happened now and not over Christmas.


Well, I don't know how many photos I took of this card and couldn't get a decent picture as the flash was either bouncing off the pearlescent paper or the mirri card.  The backing paper/card are all scraps from the box.  I have used two pieces of stampboard, one I coloured with Tim Holtz's Fired Brick distress ink pad and the other with Tim Holtz's Peeled Paint distress ink pad.  I have then used my gold Pentouch pen around all four sides on both pieces.  I then used Sellotape to tape the two pieces of Stampboard together on the back.  I have stamped the Kanban wreath stamp that I got in a QVC TSV last year onto the Stampboard, coloured in the images with various shades of red and green Promarkers and highlighted areas with a Sakura Stardust clear pen.  I then used the Stampboard scratch tool to add some decoration/highlights.  The card is simply finished off with a Crafty Ann's ticket sentiment.

This card fits the following challenges:

Secret Crafter - Christmas
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas card
Creative Card Crew - Anything goes
Keep it Simple - Deck the halls
Tuesday Taggers - Deck the halls
I Love Promarkers - A Christmas carol/song - A Holly Jolly Christmas
Passion for Promarkers - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Holiday greeting
Mark's Finest Papers - Red and green
Cooking it up with Katie - Layers, red and Christmas

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card Kym, I hope your tooth starts to get better soon. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I love the wreath and sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne x

Katie said...

Another great card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Doreen said...

Fabulous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Ouch!!

Cute card~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, thankyou for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week.

Marilyn said...

Hope that tooth is as good as new soon. You've worked through the pain though because your card is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Ccreative Card Crew.
Marilyn

redwasher1 said...

What a great card!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Tine said...

Lovely card, and lovely shimmer & shine. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely card Kym. So sorry you are in pain but pleased it shouldn't be as bad as it was the other Christmas that you have mentioned.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabby card!
Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion, good luck! Hugs shell xx

Terry said...

The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge,Thank you and hope you wil have a fab weekend. Love the cards. Hugs Terry xxxx

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

coops said...

gorgeous card kym.i love the image and fab colours.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP.

xx coops xx

Gro said...

Great card. Thanks for joining PFP's Mega Christmas Challenge :o)

Kathleen said...

What a great card, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers

Deborah Frings said...

I do hope your tooth is better soon - there's nothing worse!!

And your card is super - I like how you've used the stampbord with the image.

Shirl said...

Hope you feel better soon Kym with that tooth, your card is beautiful. hanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kym, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
ps hope you can get your tooth sorted out before Christmas so that you can enjoy your dinner lol!

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.

Mandi said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at KIS
mandi x

Stephanie said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

PatR said...

Great card and thanks d=so much for joining TT this week. xx

Audrey said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

Oh I feel for you with the tooth, KYm!! Beautiful card though - thanks for sharing it with us at PFP!! Juliexx

Claire said...

Just beautiful Kym, hope the tooth is beteter now too. Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
Claire xx

Ruthie said...

Wow - hope the tooth is better now!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx