{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Thursday 16 December 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 13/12/10

Over at the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge this week the topic is "first and last card" ie you have to show one of your first cards made and one most recent.  Yikes - that's scary.  I started making cards in December 2004 but had no camera then so my first cards I have a photo of are the thank you cards I made for various people who had helped my husband when I was in hospital for seven weeks in January 2005.  I did look a few other photos but was so horrified I took the DVD of the images out.

  My 2005 card

 My 2010 card

I recently won some candy from a fellow blogger and part of the candy was some gorgeous double-sided paper.  I couldn't wait to have a play with it as it was such good quality - sorry I don't know the make.  I also won a challenge last week and won the choice of some images so have used one on this card of a gorgeous Charlston gil from Di's Digital Downloads.  I have coloured the image with Promarkers.  The papers I have well and truly hacked with Tim Holtz's distressing tool, used cut-and-dry foam with Tim Holtz's Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge ink pads to ink well into the edges of the paper to give good definition.  Some off-cut strips I also distressed to layer over the image.  The card is then finished off with a Personal Impressions stamped sentiment, gorgeous square brads, three flowers and a sparkly brad.

I can't tell you how many days it has taken to make this card as you'd never believe me.  All I can say is that a dodgy tooth and infection can certainly do nasty things to a body.  My visit to the dentist yesterday was horrendous but I have been temporarily "fixed" until my next appointment on 13/1/11.  I've still got my antibiotics to finish and learn not to bite on my front tooth until it's all finished in six weeks' time.

This card fits the following challenges:

Fun with Shapes and More - Scalloped
Sew Many Cards - Flower power
Digis with Attitude - Anything goes
Stamp Something - Digi Day
Gingerloft - Distressing
If the Shoe Fits Scrap It - Texture
One Stitch at a Time - Surprise us
Simon Says Stamp and Show - a Lord Tim of Holtz technique
Created by Hand - Shades of blue
Creative Card Crew - Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes
Rainbow Lady's - Vintage delight
Ai Factory - Anything goes.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth trouble. Hope it doesn't bother you over Christmas. And thanks for sharing your early card. I would say you have really progressed, lol. I love your latest card. It looks like you have 'wrapped' the strips round the image (and what a fab image with amazing colouring!). Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kym!! This is such a darling card!! Love the image and your coloring!! (I'm not wanting to show my "older cards" either!! LOL!!...so I haven't entered that challenge yet!!) HUGS

Robyn said...

nice coloring and shades of blue
thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Josephine said...

Two lovely cards - although the new one is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

And thanks for sharing your 'First and Last' with Crafty Cardmakers.

Anonymous said...

wow! you've come a long way :) Great card and thanks for entering in our anything goes challenge at AIF
-Tammy

Lynn said...

Oooh Kym, this card is sooo cute and love the distressing :)
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn x

Di said...

Wow Kym this is just lovely!! thankyou so much for sharing i love to see what happens to my images, Thankyou
Hugs Di xxxxxx

Julie said...

Wow - this is fab!! Lovely image and I love your paper treatment!!Thanks for joining in our Mega challenge at PFP, Juliexx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I always think that it's so strange to look back at ourselves and our talents...Everyone does get better with practice! Your first card was delightful and your recent one is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at AiFactory this week! Good luck!

lesleyworth said...

fabulous image! love your play on our texture theme! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Rainbow Lady said...

Great image and lovely distressing. I too was distressed with a dental visit this week - I don't do dentists..... hope you will be ok over the holidays. Thanks for your entry
Love Cynthia x

Josephine said...

Two lovely cards - I especially like the layout on the second one!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Kym. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kym, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful Christmas x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Kym, thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Terry said...

Wonderfull card Kym, thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog. Hugs and have a fab Christmastime. Terry xxxxx

Unknown said...

Awww this is so sweet, love your first card too, it's very nice. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and OSAAT this week. Good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage feel.You've made her look so pretty with your colouring.Lovely card.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

coops said...

gorgepus card kym.super fab image and i love your distressed papers.
thanks for playing in our mega chrismas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super I love the image and your paper choice is brilliant too . What a great idea to see how we have moved on in our crafting over the years. Thanks for joining in on OSAAT this week Hazelxoxo

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very cool challenge to compare old and new work - how fun! Great work on using some of Tim Holtz's products on your card. It came out very cute. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

fionalawlor said...

Wow isn't it fab to look back and see what improvement we have all made since we first started card making? Love both of your cards :O)
Thanks for joining us for our First and Last challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
Merry Christmas!
Fiona x

Lin said...

This is the most fun challenge I have been involved with since starting at CCM, and I am thoroughly enjoying peeking at crafters' firsts. It's great to see how people have progressed. Loving your latest creation and your first one was not at all bad.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thanks for joining our First and Last Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Hope to see you back next year.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Gro said...

Great card. Thanks for joining PFP's mega challenge :o)