{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 3 December 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge No 29



Well another fortnight has come around at it's time for another challenge over at the Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog.  This time there is a sketch and/or Christmas card theme so you can either do the sketch OR a Christmas card OR use the sketch for a Christmas card.

I have chosen to use the sketch and have the them of a Christmas card.  I have used various Crafty Ann's backing papers - the new flowers, mottled stone and the abstract.  They are all scraps from the scrap box ie leftovers from previous Design cards.  That  was another challenge to make the colours match and the sizes.  I have been "playing" trying to get a good distressed edge on papers.  I do the distressing with Tim Holtz's distress tool and then have just inked but it doesn't do it enough for me.  Then I tried Sheena Douglas' tip of inking the edges and then using embossing powder but I wasn't totally happy with this effect and ended up in such a mess.  Hey presto I had an idea and it worked - I distressed as normal and then went around with my gold 5mm Pen-touch pen and it's lovely and distressed so I thought I'd better buy in another gold and silver - can I get both - NOOOOOOOO. No-where seems to have both in at the moment.  Just hope they don't run out as I've had them for ages.

I've done some paper pricking, inked scrolls on one piece of paper with some See D's connector stamps and done the same with the green but with a vegetation style connector stamp.  I've used the pre-coloured bauble, cut out some of the flowers and added some glaze to the centres and edge of the bauble and finished off with a ticket sentiment.

This card also fits the following challenges:

Craft Your Days Away - Texture - distressed edges and glaze
Crazy Challenge - On the go
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything goes
A Crafty Little Place - Anything goes
Kort o Mania - Christmas card
ABC Christmas - Y for Yuletide.

1 comment:

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card Kym and your distressing is perfect.
Ann x