{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 15 November 2010

Thank You Card


I was asked to make a very basic and quick thank you card for a friend.  I used My Craft Studio Tattered lace and did some faux matting and layering to avoid high costs of postage ie you get the effect without the cost.  I then digitally imported some lace and changed the colour, a butterfly and changed the colour and added the sentiment.  I am trying to force myself to use the My Craft Studio  Professional but I am terrible at times and will use what I am used to ie the initial My Craft Studio.  I think my New Year's Resolution might be to get to grips with this!!!  I have then simply decoupaged the flower up by four layers, but four layers of DST so it's not high but you still get the effect.  I have distressed the edges and distressed a little cut/embossed a little butterfly with Tim Holtz's Dusty Concord distress ink pad for a tad of dimension.  Please excuse the awful photo - I took a photo before handing the card over to my friend but didn't check the quality!!!

This card fits the following challenges:

City Crafter - Thank you
My Time to Craft - Rhapsody of roses
Aud Sentiments - Happy thanksgiving or something thankful for
Frosted Designs - Card with thanks or thankful on it
CD Sunday - Lavender and lace
Crazy Challenge - Thanks or thanksgiving.

18 comments:

Tess said...

Another stunner this week Kym. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

dandelion dreamer said...

hello Kym and thanks for your visit to my WOYWWW. LOVE your blog....you are such a busy lady....you make wonderful cards.
Moira x

cnelson said...

This is so lovely! thank you for joining us at CCCB

Julie said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

This is so pretty.. I love the color of your card.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Eagle Craftz said...

Amazing colors. Great job! Thanks for playing along w ith Frosted Designs.

starcyl said...

Great card again Kym, I too am forcing myself to use MCS prof, some bits I like others not! Thanks for joining in with us again at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments. Suzanne x

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Kym, I guess a few of us are struggling with MCS, like you, it is something I plan to get to grips with in the New Year.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday. xx

Ros said...

Beautifully done ... takes time to do digital I know ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Carol said...

Lovely card Kim. I love the soft misty feel.
MCS isn't easy is it? Use mine a bit like I use my Microwave - for little bits but not the main cooking.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

Anonymous said...

So soft and pretty Kym!! I love the colors on this!HUGS

shortywithastory said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the elegant feel. Thanks so much for sharing at Frosted Designs!

Purple Crazy said...

A fab card, very classy. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. xx

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Anne said...

Lovely card Kym, thanks so much for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Hugs x