{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 24 September 2010

New Home Card



I needed to make a new home card.  I have followed the Pear Tress Designs sketch with the option of gems.  I made a New Year's Resolution to use up my stash of paper this year that I have bought/been given and I am still keeping that going apart from with commissioned cards/Design Team cards.  It's amazing how much I have used up this year - I might soon have to go out and buy paper!!!

For this card I have used some freebie paper from Cardmaking Downloads and it's a piece I had left over from something else.  It doesn't quite fit across the page but that's where this sketch fitted so nicely for me as unless I told you you wouldn't have known.  The backing for the decoupage that I have had for years and years I made with swirling around alcohol inks and generally having a good time.  I have made the insert in My Craft Studio using again some of the digital backing paper and adding some Summertime Designs ribbon digital flowers and some gem stars for a bit of sparkle inside the card.  The outside of the card is finished off with some paper flowers with Papermania gem brads for the centres, gems and a peel-off sentiment.

This card also fits the following challenges:

Secret Crafter - Anything goes
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything goes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely.Just love the words.Great way to use some of yur stash up!!Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Clare Lloyd said...

hi kym. great new home card and i love the verse inside it! thanks for joining us @ PTD again this week. good luck in the challenges. x

Unknown said...

Fab card.

Thanks for joining us over at PTD.

Good luck.

Lou x

Susie said...

Such a lovely card, and the insert is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week xx

Merry said...

Wonderful card....especially like how you finished the inside. WEll done on sticking to your resolution. I had the same but have slipped and bought a couple new sheets of paper. :-)

Gem said...

beautiful card Kym! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Kym so love the image and the design great card.
Hugs
Lorraine x