{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 2 May 2010

Cards for Men Challenge - Tuesday 27/4/10


The topic for the Cards for Men Challenge this week was "monochromatic".  I normally shy away from topics such as this but part of these challenges in the blog world is to challenge you - and this one did!!  I used some Red Hot Bed Spanish images I've had for some time in various shades of orange and teamed it up with two different shades of pearlescent papers.  The die-cut images I popped out and then got my distress tool to them and then ink the edges with Tim Holtz's Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink - you'd never guessed I liked them would you?  I decorated the inside of the card like I normally do as I think a nice inside and out makes the card better.


This card also fits the following challenges:


Crafty Angels - Summer
Flourishes - Vintage
Quixotic - How distressing?
Lili of the Valley - Here comes the Summer.




4 comments:

Beryl K said...

Love it Kym
Beryl x

Shirl said...

Very clever card Kym fits our challenge perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels.
Hugs Shirley

Nannieflash said...

Hi Kym, not to keen on your music by the way. Fabulous Spanish card perfect for a man, all those ladies. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxx

Pop's Cards said...

Love the images that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x