{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Card for Delia


I saw a post a few days ago on Dustin Pike's blog as he'd been contacted by Jackie about a lovely little girl called Delia who is 10 years old and is being treated for Acute Myeloid Leukemia to see if he could "spread the word" about people making a card and sending it to Delia to help her along this rollercoaster ride she is on.  Dustin did in fact ask people around the world if they would like to make a card for Delia but went one step further and designed some gorgeous owl images and if you contacted him he'd send you the images.  Well, I couldn't resist making a card to cheer it little girl up across the world from me.

I have used some The Creative Cottage backing papers and embellishments and used My Craft Studio to put everything together.  The owl images I have coloured in with a mixture of Promarker pens, Copics and Sakura Stardust 700 clear pen.  I've finished the card off with some card candy, some stickers and a George the owl GTC image.  I have made the card so that it can be rotated on all four sides to give a different picture.  The card is certainly bright and cheery.  Off now to write inside and get ready to post in the next few days.

If you have some spare time and would be able to make a card for Delia please visit Dustin Pike's blog for all the details.

My card fits the following challenges:

Lexi's Creations - Spots or stripes - well I've used both!!!
Digital Tuesday - All about the animals.

6 comments:

Jennifer Dove said...

beautiful cards! Thank you for your wonderful gift of love for Delia.

Anne said...

oh Kym what fantastic images!!! Your cards are fab, thanks for playing along on Lexi's Creations:)
Anne x

Saskia said...

Wow! Great work! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenge!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Lexi said...

lol you certainly have used both...and they are fantastic! I adore those papers and they are just the cutest images :D Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Maria Matter said...

oh these are fabulously adorable Kym!!! great job hun!


Thank you for joining us @
Digital Tuesday!
Blessings, Maria

Tracey said...

I Love owls & these cards are gorgeous Kym :-)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Hugs
Tracey
x