{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 31 October 2009

Simon Says Challenge 26/10/09 and Creative Card Crew Challenge 27/10/09


I have made this Christmas card from a freebie from Cuddly Buddly and this snowman is sooooooooo cute. He's been coloured in with Promarkers and highlighted in some areas with Stardust pens to make him sparkle. The two backing papers are from a new design set from Summer Driggs are a gorgeous blue colour so I couldn't resist using them.

For those of you that I don't do messy I have excelled myself on this card. The border around the snowman has been edged with Twinklets Diamond Dust Glitter which I got from Joanna Sheen. I love the effect this has given. The large snowflake I bought recently from an Open Day at Stamp Addicts. I have used cut-and-dry foam and an Adirondak ink pad and a Distress Ink pad to colour the background. I then used an embossing liquid and then stamped onto the snowflake with a U-mount swirl and then added some blue embossing powder. After heating up the embossing powder I then sanded the edges to distress. Not bad for me eh???

This card fits the criteria for two challenges:

Simon Says Challenge - All that sparkles (well I have the holographic card in the background, the Sakura Stardust pens and the gorgeous twinkly diamond dust)

Creative Card Crew - snowflakes (snowflake overload here - some on the backing paper, some on the image and one decorated one!!).

3 comments:

jordiegirl said...

Wow you have excelled with this one Kym.

Another brilliant make.

helencreaty1 said...

waw great colouring, i love the smile of snowman , lovely card
hugsss, havea nice weekend
helen

Beryl said...

This image is great (so glad I've downloaded it.) and love what you've done with it. I'll have to use it now I've seen what a great card you've made with it.
Beryl xx