{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 6 June 2009

Card for my Niece's Birthday




It's my niece's birthday next week and as she's a "girly girl" I thought pink, bling and fibres fitted the bill.  She came round recently and told me that she wanted a card with a dog on it.  I thought Daisy and Dandelion would do the trick.  I have used Funky Fairy background papers.  

I came across an idea about buying my Nestabilities last week-end.  I tried to cut around something I'd stamped and coloured in but didn't manage it quite right.  I had an idea to cut the shapes out of watercolour paper first and then stamp onto it.  Six months ago I wouldn't have even tried this as my stamping was a bit "hit and miss" whereas now I am getting more experienced and with using the large Nestabilities die I have I managed to even make a little scene and stamp it onto the card ie the happy Birthday stamp, Dandelion and the flower border and then coloured it in.  I then showed my husband and he said he preferred Dandelion black and white so I compromised and stamped Daisy on the inside and kept her black and white!!!  Yet again I made a little scene and watercoloured it in.

The third picture is a close-up of a backing card I made.  Last Saturday I went to the Open Day at Stamp Addicts and this is my first attempt at using alcohol inks.  I know a lot of people will be shocked at me using them as I hate getting messy but I like the effect they give.  I think I must try and find a decent supplier of the gloss card as mine didn't give me the same glossy effect as the sample tag we were allowed to bring home from the demonstrator.

This card fits the bill for the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - Nip and Punch (punches and die-cuts)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Bling (I don't need any excuse to use bling!!)
VC Stamp Challenge - Pink, white and black

1 comment:

CraftyC said...

Beautiful cards Kym, thanks for taking part in the SCSC
Clairex