{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Creative Card Crew Challenge 1 - 10-3-09


Why not take a look at a new Challenge Blog that has been set up called Creative Card Crew Challenge Blog. Their first challenge has been posted today and the card has to be GREEN. My blogging friend Linda is lucky enough to be on the Design Team so I thought I must give it a go even though I HATE green. Also the winner gets a set of stamps I've been wanting for so long so you've got to be "in it to win it" so I have had a go at this challenge. The backing paper is from Ideal World which I've had for some time but it was cream and green so I chalked it. The green matting is stamped in green Versafine with clear embossing powder using another of the U-mount stamps which I love. The item of RECYCLING is the two brads - they were on a Christmas card but were silver so I coloured them in with my Dufex pens with green of course. The image is from a Artylicious-Graphicus Rubber Stamps and I have coloured the image in with different shades of green chalk and some green paints like H20s. I have turned the card into a sympathy card and printed out the sentiment in dark green - of course - and chalked with green. The card is finished off with some organza ribbon which has been RECYCLED from a box of chocolates that were eaten some time ago!!! Sorry for the bad picture - my camera doesn't seem to like photographing blue or green.

6 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous card Kym. It is very elegant and tasteful. A beautiful image and what a great bit of recycling. Well done! Thanks for joining the first Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Kym and what a great bit of recycling Thankyou for taking part in the first Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Morning Kym, i am so pleased you decided to join us in this weeks challenge, especially as you hate green so much! you have done a marvellous job though hunny, i love this card. I hope your well, will email you later, hugs Linda x

Linnie said...

fab card great use of your stash
linniex

Tasha said...

Oh wow what a stunning card and well done on all that recycling. I love the layout too its fantastic.
DOnt worry there wont be any green next challenge lol
Good luck and thanks for joining Creative Card Crew
love tasha xx

Nicola said...

ooh I love your flower stamp and how you also have stamped this card. Great colour combo and your ribbon is gorgeous. Great card Kym. -x-