{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Visit to Dorset - February 2009









This week-end we have been to Dorset so that's why I haven't been posting. We collected vouchers for one of those Sun holidays but got our 5th choice of dates and 5th choice of venue and only had one weeks' notice we were going away. My husband had to change shifts as he was due at work on the Saturday and Monday. We went on Friday night and came home Monday afternoon and we had a lovely time.

We arrived at our caravan on Friday night at 9.45pm and it took us about an hour to get settled. That night was bitterly cold and Mum and I were frozen in the night. Thankfully thought Saturday and Sunday night were better. We had a lovely time seeing a school friend of mine who moved down to Bournemouth in 1985, her husband, two children, her Mum and Dad, his sister and their lovely dog. We spent time with them all day on Saturday and Sunday evening so didn't have time to use many of the facilities on the caravan site but it was a gorgeous site. On Sunday we went to Sandbanks near Poole to see the sea as I don't live anywhere near the sea and would so love to. It was a glorious time and you'd never have believed it was a February day.

Back to reality and work tomorrow but it was a lovely break and we'd certainly do one of these Sun holidays again.

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Glad you had a great time. I was brought up in Dorset in Lyme Regis. After leaving home I lived in Poole for quite a few years, working then marrying. My ex is from Poole and our two eldest daughters were born in Poole. Beryl x

Wendy said...

Lovely photo's glad you had a good time, looks very cold though
Wendy x

Beryl K said...

Looks like you had a great time. I was brought up in Dorset, the other end tho on the Devon border. I lived and worked in Poole and met my ex there. My two eldest daughters were born in Poole. The pictures have brought back some happy memories of the beach at Sandbanks