{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 11 August 2008

Commissioned Card - for a Retirement



A colleague at work did private work for her ex NHS Consultant but as he was retiring from the private work as well a surprise party was being organised and she wanted an extra special card. I decided to buy a new CD - Card Toonz Professional Nuttyness by Andy Carolan as I knew it had a picture of a doctor on it. I told my friend it was a pity that a nurse couldn't be included but it turns out his wife is a nurse so I got to use the doctor and nurse image and then various other images as he loves gardening and also his beloved guitars. It took me some time to make up the verse but it brought a tear to my friend's eyes when she read it. The Consultant was "over the moon" with his card and it has taken pride of place on the mantelpiece for all visitors to see.

No comments: