Followers

Sunday, 24 October 2010

Commissioned Christmas Card


I have a customer who needs some non-traditional Christmas cards.  I always struggle with these cards as I am a traditional Christmas girl - but you have to go with what the customer wants don't you?

For this card I have used scraps up but I have cut into a brand new piece of Henbury Lane backing paper that I won in some Blog Candy earlier in the year.  It is gorgeous as it's so sparkly and caused me an awful time trying to get a photo with this said sparkle.  I have used another of my The Crafty Purple Frog downloads that I bought.  This time I have used is called Northern Most Serenity.  There is a pyromage version but I prefer the traditional decoupage.  I have mounted the image on a piece of card that I put through a Tim Holtz embossing folder to get a bit of texture and have distressed with a chalk ink.  In various areas of the image I have highlighted with my clear Sakura stardust pen for some extra sparkle.  The card is finished off with some flowers, ticket sentiment, lace and card candy.  She's now ready to go to the customer when the other cards are ready!!

This card fits the following challenges:

The Crafty Purple Frog - Anything goes
Wild Orchid Crafts - Pastels
Hodge Podge - Monochromatic
Sarah Hurley - Christmas card but no red or green
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Winter wonderland
2 Sisters - Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle
Sentimental Sunday - Distressing and sentiment
The Crafty Pad - Christmas theme
I Did it Creations - Anything goes
Bah! Humbug - Elegance
A Pocket Full of Posies - Champagne and roses
My Partner in Crime - Shine on you crazy diamond.

25 comments:

Shelley said...

Kym, this is beautiful! I love using some non traditional images for Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing with us at the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley:)

crafty amy said...

Wow Kym this is another stunning card! all that glitter is perfect for her :D
Thank you for joining us at TCPF and good luck.
Huge hugs

Amy xx

Pascale said...

Kym it is a beautiful non traditional card. I love the colours you have put with the image. thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog challenge hugs Pascale x

kaos said...

Wow - that is one gorgeous Christmas card - I love it!

Thanks for taking part in TCPF challenge!

kaos

starcyl said...

This may not be something you would normally do Kym but it is so pretty, I love that BP, I would have not wanted to cut it up!

Jenny x

Max said...

I really like this card which would also be suitable for a December birthday if you changed the greeting. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Mary J said...

A very pretty elegant Kym!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss, hope to see more of your inspiration for the next challenge!

Irene said...

Another gorgeoyus card Kym using your fabby stamps. Soft cool colours
with three gorgeous flowers.
Perfect.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

irene
xxxx

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card, great image and papers. Thanks for joining in at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Ann said...

Well I love it and it is nice to see different takes on Christmas every now and then. Sure your customers will be thrilled
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Jeanette said...

Hi Kym. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Nicole said...

What a beautiful card. I love this image you did an amazing job bringing this card to life. Thanks for Joining us I Did It Creations

Jessica L said...

This is a lovely card Kym! You're right...that DP is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at The Hodge Podge Shop. Hope to see you again soon!

angelwhispers said...

Love the card it's gorgeous and the image looks stunning with these papers!! Thanks for joining us over at TCPF for our first ever challenge! Chanelle xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh such a pretty card - love the sparkle
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

Debbie said...

Very pretty card Kym and lovely colouring too. :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Pad challenge this week. ;)
xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Linda said...

Very beautiful card, thanks for joining the Hodge Podge Shop Challenge
hugs linda

Fae said...

Very pretty card.

Thanks for playing along with us at this week's Hodge Podge Shop Challenge.

See you again soon and good luck.
Fae xxx

Katja said...

This is such a pretty card! Thank you for playing with us at I Did It Creations this week! Hope to see you again soon!

Greetings,
Katja

tiggertastic said...

adore your soft colours on this make, lovley work

good luck in the challenges

sarah-Louise xx
tiggertastic blog

Kat said...

This is beautiful. Love the non-traditional colours. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Ms. Jen said...

Another beautiful card!

bosenberries said...

Love the soft colours! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Sarah Hurley said...

lovely card!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges

Sarah x

Juanita said...

Wow that image is colored beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.