Followers

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Commissioned Baby Birth Card


I was asked by my son to make a baby birth card for his workplace.  Yet again it had to be BIG as about 30 people need to sign it.  I hadn't got any baby images that I thought suitable so off I went to Crafts U Print and bought a digital baby sheet along with a few other sheets.  The sheet is designed by the very talented Janet Briggs.

The card I have made is A4 and I have used some flourish and tartan backing papers from the wonderful Jak Heath.  She is one talented lady and shares these things for us for free.  I have simply printed off the decoupage sheet twice so I could do more decoupage of the images.  I didn't do it as a dangle as I needed it to be accessible for as many people to sign as possible.  I added some of the extra images and decoupaged them on the inside pages and back page along with putting a verse on here.  The front of the card is finished off with some sparkly pins, pearls, flowers, sentiment off the computer, ribbon, double-ribbon bow and some fabric hearts.  As I did it for the first card I made for my son's workplace I always have to do a nicely decorated envelope as well so I used some of the backing paper and image again.

This card fits the following challenges:

Pile it On - Pile on the layers
The Crazy Challenge - Bundle of joy
A Pocket Full of Posies - Floral fantasy
Wild Orchid Challenge - Pearls and pins
Incy Wincy - Celebrate
My Time to Craft - Jewelled - jewelled pins
Fab n Funky - What 'eva
Creative Friday - Baby birth
Whoopsi Daisy - Pile on the flowers
Totally Gorjuss - Flower.



12 comments:

Renkata said...

Kym, your card is fab, such an adorable card. Great details.
Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

Lindsey said...

Great card, what a lovely keepsake! Thanks for joining us at FnF this week x

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Such a striking card!If you haven't heard about it yet, you really should consider entering some of your creations over at Papercraft Star! The challenges are posted way in advance so that you have plenty of time to get them finished and entered and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

This card is so cute. Like the colours and all the details.

Thanks for joining us at CF and good luck.

Hugs Pam

Squirrel x said...

Sooooo gorjuss hun! Lovely work, and thanks for joining us at TG this week with your wonderful flowers. Hugs, Sxx

Linnie said...

I am sure your sons workmates will adore it, beautiful work.
Thankyou for joining us at Whoopsiedaisy
linniex

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Love your card! Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! X

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Beautiful card! love all the details! Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! X

Daniele said...

wow that is a lovely card and so large thanks for joining us at MTTC
hugs

Ninchen said...

what a gorgeous card...love your inside decoration!
thanks for joining us at creative friday!

xx janina

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

gorgeous card, the soft colors are really stunning. Thanks so much for playing with WHOOPSI DAISY's pile on the flowers challenge:)